The Salvation Army in Ottawa Christmas Kettle Campaign in Ottawa has reached two thirds of its $550,000 goal.
Mayor Jim Watson proclaimed it to be Salvation Army Week in the City of Ottawa in support of The Salvation Army’s Christmas Kettle Campaign. The Salvation Army flag is also flying at Ottawa City Hall for the week. This annual fundraising campaign supports local programs and services to individuals and families at Christmas time and throughout the year.
All donations to the Christmas Kettles remain local and help provide nutritious meals, emergency food, clothing and household items to individuals and families. It also supports programs for seniors and young parents and sends kids to Salvation Army summer camps.
Some of they ways your donations are making an impact:
- The Salvation Army serves 80 to 90 new families each month in need of clothing
- We are serving an average of over 600 people each month seeking emergency food assistance.
- The Salvation Army in Ottawa visits 27 senior residences and long-term care homes each month
- The Salvation Army sends 4,000 children to summer camps from across Ontario every summer.
- Our Emergency Disaster Services Canteen truck responds to over 100 calls each year related to fires and disasters.
- In the 2019 Spring Flood, Emergency Disaster Services served over 20,000 meals.
The Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign runs until December 24th, 2019. One hundred percent of all donations to the Christmas Kettle Campaign stays local and goes directly to support individuals and families in our community.
The Salvation Army would like to thank the community for supporting their neighbours in need and making a difference in so many people’s lives and thank you to the hundreds of volunteers that make this campaign possible.
To donate to the Christmas Kettle Campaign visit one of our 50 kettles in shopping areas around the city, online at FillTheKettle.com, call 1-800-SAL-ARMY, or via mail to The Salvation Army, Public Relations and Development, 820 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2A 3V7